A turkish moon in a velvet sky.

A turkish moon in a velvet sky. Enough said :)

I come back to this line because it has a story. When I was at a lunch with some friends some years ago, it was becoming evening on a hot summer's day, I remember it was almost 40°C that day, there had been a lot of people huddled around air conditioners trying to find some respite, that is, if you didn't have access to the cool saving waters of a pool. So yes, it was a pool party as well. I remember looking up and seeing Venus and the moon dancing next to each other, they almost gave me some kind of subconscious response so strong I said "A turkish moon in a velvet sky". A friend, who used to work in the papers over head me say that statement, and said where is that line from? I think I've heard it before. I said, I'm not sure, I just made it up right now. She replied, I'm certain I've heard it before you've said it. It was like some sort of disbelief that something that sounded so familiar came so naturally in a ordinary situation.

Comments

Popular Posts